Monday, December 10, 2012

Weverb12 #1 compose [CREATE]

Everyone's doing it! So I shall leap upon the bandwagon with gay abandon. Let's see how many I will do. Heh.

So here's the first one, and quite the impossiblest one for me.

Write a haiku for 2012 (bonus: write one for 2013)

I am many things, but creative is not one of them. I used to write poetry, especially of the sad and depressed variety, back in college when I was deeply impressed by the Shelleyan sonnet and that other fellow, Sidney something...Sir Philip Sidney? But I have only written one haiku in my life, and it was cowritten with Scoo, on the subject of our dog Haiku and her nightly howling.

Anyway, here is my highly self-indulgent attempt.

Old battles hard fought
Routed demons buried deep
The dead rise again

No comments:

Post a Comment