Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Weverb12 #3 stay [LISTEN]

How did you stay in the moment this year?


Hmm. My friends and well-wisher will tell you that if there is something I'm very bad at, it is living in the now and here. Staying in the moment is something I am not really capable of without tremendous conscious effort. I am either expecting the past to repeat itself or projecting the wondrous different future. So I guess, the only way I stayed in the moment this year was by taking deep breaths and shouting in my head: NO. NO! ENJOY THIS NOW! DO NOT LOOK AHEAD OR BEHIND. NOWNOWNOW!

And ingesting copious amounts of alcohol.

2 comments:

  1. Really? Always thought of you as stay-in-the-momenty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. REALLY? i mean i'm always moaning about what happened to me in the past and projecting how i hope itll be in the future and leaping so far ahead of myself i can't find my way to the present. huh. look at that. you learn something every day ;)

      Delete