Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Weverb12 #22 recharge [CREATE]

What did you do to recharge your batteries in 2012?

Oh this one's easy. I did it lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng ago, nearly a year ago in fact. I went to the Andamans, for five days, with my gay best friend, aka Favourite Colleague. It came at the end of four months of sheer insanity. We'd both been promoted and moved to another department, but were doing work in both as part of the transition. Then we'd gone to Jaipur for the lit fest--our very first time and semi-officially. We were running around like lunatics. Some time in December I'd broached the subject of running away to the Andamans in February or March, and we'd booked tickets. We took off, I remember and it was all still a haze of last minute things and where to go. All we knew was that we wanted to go to Havelock Island. We'd forgotten to figure out accommodation or anything, and luckily Amma has a fixer from her frequent visits, and he set us up perfectly.

When we landed in Port Blair is when it finally began to sink in that we were on vacation. And then those four day were just--so wonderful that words cannot describe them! I read seven books. He read three. We took walks on the beach, lay in the sand, swam about in a bay that was like our own personal saltwater swimming pool. We went snorkelling and I saw a Sri Lankan Wrasse in the wild! We spent a lot of time sitting around at the Rajiv Gandhi sports facility near the harbour in Port Blair, and were thrilled to bits by the clarity of the water. It was truly heaven. We left each other alone, seeking company when wanted and peacefully lounging around when not.

I will punctuate this with some photos later. It truly was the best thing I did in 2012, even though I went to Colombia. I was so recharged when I came back! Which was a good thing because work bodyslammed us on return heh!

No comments:

Post a Comment