Saturday, September 17, 2011

Fighting in the Family

Did you know that the Mahabharata is cursed, and if you read anything but the holy bits, it causes fights in the house of the reader?

Nona told me, when I told her I was reading it, not to read it all at once, but to read it in bits of I'd fight with people. Another spiritual/astrology friend I have, who would know this kind of trivia, told me there would be fights in my house. Interesting, no?

I think it might apply only to the Sanskrit though.

However, out of deference to Noni and the size of the book and the weird looks it gets me, I'm reading it alongside other books.

4 comments:

  1. Oooh maybe that's why fate intervened, made me pukey so I stopped reading it all at once?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh. whatte interesting. H also has the same translation here. Been meaning to read it. Hummm.

    ReplyDelete